What Is Norton Antivirus Software?
Symantec’s Norton Antivirus software is a program that protects your computer and stops viruses, spyware, worms and Trojan horses from entering and causing harm. Norton Antivirus performs constant scans to your computer to protect it as you surf websites, download files and open email. Norton Antivirus is updated regularly and automatically so that your computer remains safe.
How to Install Norton Antivirus on Windows
If you're a new user installing Norton Security for the first time or a returning customer who is reinstalling the software after removing it from your PC previously, follow the steps below.
- Open a web browser and navigate to norton.com/setup.
- Enter your Norton account credentials, if prompted.
- Search movies by using a famous quote from the movie
- Norton's Get Started page should now be visible, as shown in the accompanying screenshot. Select the Download Norton option.
- Click Agree & Download, located below the Install On This Device header.
- The Norton setup file should now be downloaded to your browser's default location, typically the Windows Downloads folder or your desktop. Once the download is complete, locate the file and open it to begin the installation process.
- The My Norton Downloader application should now appear. Once the necessary files are downloaded, a Windows User Account Control warning will be displayed, asking if you want to allow the Norton Security app to make changes to your device. Click Yes to continue.
- The My Norton Installer interface will now be displayed. Click Install.
- The Device Security package will now be installed. A slideshow is presented during the installation process, detailing some of the dangers that Norton protects you from. This process can take several minutes, depending on the speed of your computer.
- Next, a message will appear that states 'Communicating with the Norton server...' This will be shown for 1-2 minutes and will then change to read 'Activating...'. Once successfully activated, the Installer window will inform you that your device is now protected, disappearing a few seconds later.
- The Norton Security application will now open, welcoming you and offering a tour of its features. Select the Start Tour button if you like, or click on Skip Tour to continue.
- The Norton Security dashboard should now be displayed, showing your protection and recent scan status. From here you can manage Norton's settings, view your subscription status, initiate manual virus scans and much more.
Latest news & updates
- What is antivirus
- Protect Your PC With Windows Defender
- How to get rid of persistent malware
- Ransomware holds computers hostage